I am a digital-first thinker and a combination of West Coast high-tech culture with a Midwestern work ethic. I am a straight-shooter and take a no-nonsense approach to design and implementation. I collaborate with content directors, sales, and data analysts to drive strategies that shape design solutions.
I am currently working as a contract designer and marketing strategist with two travel companies. I collaborate with marketing teams on overall strategy and campaigns. I manage B2B and B2C email marketing including campaigns, weekly promos, and weekly newsletters. I also ensure that branding guidelines are followed and consistent across all collateral.
Prior to my contract work, I was the Web and Email Marketing Manager for TCS World Travel (TCS), a luxury travel company. TCS had no prior digital marketing program when I came onboard. Within my first year, I helped lead and implement the company’s digital strategy and build all digital assets from the ground up. I created stylish, results-driven work in a deadline intensive environment. Some highlights of my accomplishments and work at TCS include:
- Creative director and lead designer for the website redesign. I defined the features and functionality for the website, including site navigation, information design, usability, and flow of transactional screens with an understanding of browser/platform constraints as they affect online design. I collaborated with the development team and managed sprints through project implementation and maintenance, acting as thought leader meeting with internal stakeholders to ensure the website was meeting department needs for customer journey, sales, and post-sales experience. I maintained the website in Drupal and worked on advanced features and organic growth. After launching the new website, we doubled traffic, increased average time spent on the site by 300%, and tripled the mailing list.
- Launched and produced iPad folios and redesigned a more interactive and immersive app for TCS that was selected for the Adobe Digital Publishing Showcase Gallery.
- Designed and built an email presence that showcased the product experience and promoted social engagement, resulted in an average 30% open rate. Sold out three trips based on emails and without printed brochures.
- Led the creative on major campaigns, which included a special invitation and email to past guests, resulting in $2.6 million in sales in under a month; a digital campaign that booked $1.8 million in sales in under two months; and doubled our mailing list in under three months with the launch of our new site, content, and digital efforts.
- Established social media properties, including LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Created an animated/interactive PDF expedition schedule for Trade events.
- Improved the quality and standard of images used in marketing materials and negotiated contracts with stock photo houses that provided significant discounts.
I am very organized and detail oriented and get excited about anything that streamlines and automates my workflow. I have ideas, but I am a gracious collaborator and seek compromise that benefits all parties. I love learning new software applications and technical skills and researching current trends in design and marketing. I am adamant about staying current on design trends and technology, not only because it is important to my work and employer’s success, but because I find it interesting and exciting.
I love living in the Pacific Northwest as I am an outdoor enthusiast and enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, camping, and biking. I find physical activity and fresh air a necessary part of achieving balance with my screen time. Some of my best ideas come to me when I’m on a trail.