SENIOR DESIGNER/MARKETING STRATEGY
Contractor—Fathom Travel and Hurtigruten
Design brochures and advertising for both print and digital space and collaborate with teams on strategies and campaigns to increase engagement and grow new business.
- Manage and design email campaigns, weekly e-newsletters and promotions for both B2B and B2C.
- Design print and digital collateral, establishing new look and feel to meet global guidelines.
- Collaborate with teams on overall strategy and new campaigns that shape the customer journey.
WEB AND EMAIL MANAGER/DIGITAL DESIGNER
October 2012–June 2016
Conceptualized, led, and executed all digital design to produce a wide range of deliverables across multiple platforms. Enforced a consistent and cohesive image of the brand while transitioning the company to digital and online strategies to reduce printing and lead cost. Implemented digital marketing strategies to promote new trips and collaborate with consulting firms and agencies to evaluate external designs and provide recommendations on implementation.
- Provided thought leadership and structure for website development. Recommended updates and enhancements based on user behavior and analytics to ensure site was user-focused and intuitive. Managed the work of the development team and third-party vendors, and tracked updates in JIRA. Maintained and updated website.
- Designed and developed new web page layouts and components, created site maps, wireframes and workflow diagrams. Tested for cross-browser functionality. Created special landing pages and forms for targeted campaigns.
- Managed email campaigns and weekly promos and newsletters. Collaborated with writers, sales, and product development to develop strategies to promote business goals and shape the customer journey.
- Design print materials for trade shows, special campaigns, brochures and other collateral for TCS and partners (Four Seasons and National Geographic).
- Mentored Junior Designers and provided software training.
Contractor (Wizard’s of the Coast) and Freelancer
Seattle WA—February 2011–October 2012
Contract Graphic Production Specialist for Wizard’s of the Coast and Freelance Designer.
- Laid out campaign collateral, game components, and instructions in 13 languages for Magic The Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons. Also laid out novels for Kindle. Prepped all files for print.
- Laid out eBooks, designed book covers, consulted on web and social media and established and maintained WordPress websites.
SENIOR DESIGNER AND NEW MEDIA SOLUTIONS
Aon Consulting (Now Aon Hewitt)
Created and implemented solutions to promote products and services, engage employees, and drive behavior.
- Created wellness branding and strategies to communicate benefits, increase program participation, and promote healthy lifestyles.
- Designed and produced websites and printed collateral to promote employee participation in programs and increase engagement.
- Explained and facilitated the use of social media tools (Facebook and Twitter) to promote benefits programs and incentives.
Designed and built websites for small businesses and nonprofit organizations to promote their mission/business, raise awareness for their causes, and increase membership and site traffic.
- Discussed strategies to promote business/organization, build awareness, increase membership, and drive donations and sales.
- Managed projects, established timelines, coordinated with contractors and team members to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Designed and built websites and provided maintenance documentation and training to ensure integrity of design and client ability to maintain site.
- Wrote, proofread, and formatted web content to ensure accuracy, readability, and optimization for search engines; composed RFPs to secure new business and wrote contracts to outline scope, cost, and timeline.
VOLUNTEER INSTRUCTOR/WEB DESIGNER
One Northwest/Web University,
Taught the principles of web design to nonprofit organizations and demonstrated how to use the web to promote their mission and increase membership and donations.
- Created class presentations, lessons, and activities.
- Critiqued websites for design, structure, and content and offered suggestions for improvements.
KCPQ FOX 13,
- Created print and on-air graphics to illustrate news stories and promote station.
ASSISTANT TO DEAN OF SOCIOLOGY/TUTOR
Minnesota State University at Moorhead,
- Transcribed and edited manuscripts for textbooks.
- Wrote study guides and class lecture summaries to help students master course material.
- Helped students review materials and study for exams.
Prairie Public Television,
- Operated production equipment for in-studio programs (cameras, lighting, switcher, audio, set design and build).
- Video edited station promotional breaks and wrote a step-by-step editing instruction guide.